My heart is full, Still can’t believe that am 26 already..I genuinely love birthdays, but this one in particular was different. How was it different 😃 I usually wouldn’t do anything(in regards to birthday celebration) on my birthday and this one definitely followed that pattern😆 but I thought I said this one was different, paradox right.This one was indeed different. I made a conscious effort to be joyful . Feelings that isn’t based on happenings, Joy that isn’t based on weather things are going well or not. Which usually isn’t the case when it comes to celebrating birthdays..don’t get me wrong..the euphoria of birthdays,the butterflies of birthdays and the gifts that comes with it are usually not far fetched but definitely not the joys . Joy is more like a permanent asset while happiness is transient. Joy definitely stays, happiness comes and goes so why aren’t you more joyful if you are a child of God? We have very good reason to be since “the righteous shall be glad; they shall exult before God; they shall be jubilant with joy”(Psalm 68:3) and our worship songs should “tell of his deeds in songs of joy” (Psalm 107:22)!
To know that God Is Utterly Committed to my Joy is definitely mind bugging. In fact, there is a sense in which he is as committed to our joy in him as he is to his ultimate purpose in the universe: God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him. Joy gives you a sense of satisfaction. So for me been so joyful wasn’t an option .
So I decided to share these 26 joyful scriptures on my 26th birthday. Take your time to read through,I pray that these scriptures blesses you. The first three (3) are my anchor scriptures the rest are my favorites scriptures.
1 ) Proverbs 4:10-13 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of your life shall be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you go, your steps shall not be straitened; and when you run, you shall not stumble. Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is your life
Dear friend, take my advice; it will add years to your life. I’m writing out clear directions to Wisdom Way, I’m drawing a map to Righteous Road. I don’t want you ending up in blind alleys, or wasting time making wrong turns. Hold tight to good advice; don’t relax your grip. Guard it well—your life is at stake! – MSG
2) Psalm 37: 4-6 NIV Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will do this.He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
3) Proverbs 9:11 ESV For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.-
4) Psalm 20:4 May he grant you your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans!
5) Ephesians 3: 16-17. Pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
6) Proverbs 9:11 For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life
7) 1 Peter 2:9-10. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
8) Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
9) Psalm 91:16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation
10) James 1:17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
11) Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
12) Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways
13) Psalm 16:11 – You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
14) Psalm 91:16 – With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation
15) Psalm 20:4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
16) Phillippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
17) Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
18) Nahum 1:7 – The Lord is good,a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him,
19) 1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
20) Ephesians 2:10 for we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
21) Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
22) Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
23) Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
24) Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life: in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures for ever more.
25) Psalm 71:6-8 By you have I been held up from the womb: you are he that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be continually of you. I am as a wonder to many; but you are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with your praise and with your honor all the day.
26) Psalm 65:11 You crown the year with your goodness; and your paths drop fatness.